Welcome to the website of Oatlands Pre-school, Harrogate, North Yorkshire. We hope you will be able to find here an overview of what Oatlands Pre-School can offer, but the best way to find out about us is to come and visit!
We have more information in our Information Sheet / Welcome Book so please contact us if you would like us to send you one.
Oatlands Pre-School was established over 40 years ago and is situated in the Oatlands Community Centre on the corner of Gladstone and Mount Street, Harrogate.
We are a voluntary, non-profit making organisation and a registered charity (No. 1042535). The Conditions of our Registration under the Children’s Act (1989) means that we are regularly inspected by Ofsted in order to ensure that the quality of care and education we provide meets the standards required by Ofsted.
At Oatlands Pre-school, Harrogate we work closely with the Early Years Development and Childcare Partnership (SureStart) from which we regularly receive advice, training and support. We work towards the Early Learning Goals (ELG’s) as set down by the The Department for Children, Schools and Families (DCSF) and we aim to provide a selection of stimulating resources and activities to encourage your child’s overall development.
Our main aims are :
- To ensure that each child is valued as an individual and is offered the same opportunities to encourage self-confidence, independence and to promote positive self-esteem.
- To provide a safe, secure, caring and stimulating environment.
- To enhance the early skills and education of children aged 2 to 4+ years in a parent involved, community based group.
- To work within a framework ensuring equal opportunities for all children and families.
- To welcome the participation of parents and operate an open door policy, facilitating open communication. Oatlands Pre-school will put your child on the first step to life long learning.
- To ensure the children in our care feel safe and happy in the absence of their parents, to recognise other adults as a source of help, friendship and respect and to be able to share with their parents, the new learning experiences they have enjoyed at Oatlands Pre-school.
We offer your child:
- Special care and attention made possible by the high ratio of trained staff to children
- Fun and friendship with children and other adults
- A carefully planned environment which recognises individual needs and fosters independence and socialisation.
- A well-planned play-based curriculum, working towards the achievement of the early learning goals.
- Individual Developmental Records, based on ongoing assessment and observations.
- The opportunity to make choices and take responsibility