At Oatlands Pre-school, we offer inclusive, enriching and exciting opportunities in a nurturing and sensitive environment, where each child is valued and encouraged to have fun and be happy, whilst learning new skills.
Our qualified and passionate practitioners ensure that each day is packed with exciting and motivating learning opportunities. We strive to offer the children in our care the opportunity to embark on a journey towards a life-long love of learning.
The Conditions of our Registration under the Children’s Act (1989) means that we are regularly inspected by Ofsted in order to ensure that the quality of care and education we provide meets the standards required by Ofsted. Our last Ofsted inspection was in 2017, click here for the latest Ofsted report.
We are also members of the Pre-school Learning Alliance (PsLA) who are the largest early years membership organisation and voluntary sector provider of quality affordable childcare and education in England. The Alliance represents the interests of over 14,000 pre-school member settings who deliver care and learning to over 800,000 families every year. At Oatlands Pre-school we are able to access expert advice from our local Alliance Development Officer including guidance on service delivery, business practice, sustainability and marketing, insurance, employment practice and legal advice as part of our membership.
Pre-schools are unique in that they are ‘owned’ by the parents/carers of the children who attend the setting . Pre-school is managed in a partnership which operates between the staff and parents/carers. Each year volunteers from the parent/carer group are needed to step forward at the AGM and form a management board to conduct the Pre-school business for that year. For more information on how to volunteer please visit our Committee page.
We strive to create a safe, secure, caring and stimulating environment where learning is fun. We engage in activities that promote and extend children’s curiosity and awareness of the world.
Our primary focus is learning through play and exploration. We encourage children to grow in confidence, self-esteem and independence by:
- providing a welcoming environment where every person matters.
- ensuring children feel safe and secure in our care.
- enabling children to form positive and trusting relationships with their peers and with adults.
- providing experiences for children to explore and learn from.
- providing a range of learning opportunities which support the development of each individual child.
- ensuring children, staff and parents have a good understanding of healthy lifestyles.
- working with parents and carers and value their contribution.
- promoting a brighter future for us all by developing the potential of the children, parents, staff and community.